Facial Vein Treatment
If you are uncomfortable with your facial veins, consider speaking with our expert doctors for facial vein treatment! Dr. Brian Heeringa offers the latest technologies and techniques for patients in Cadillac, Traverse City, and the surrounding areas. Call (231) 936-2068 today for your consultation!
What Is Veingogh?
Veingogh is a microburst technology that delivers microburst of heat using a fine probe-like insulated needle smaller than a strand of hair. At Northern Michigan Vein Specialists, we offer Veingogh treatment for facial veins.
Does It Hurt?
Since the procedure uses a very fine probe-like insulated needle that delivers heat that is inserted into the spider vein, there can be a stinging or pinching sensation. Prior to your procedure, we will use an anesthetic gel which we applied to the areas that will be treated to decrease the uncomfortable sensation. You will also receive a small ice pack to apply during the procedure.
Will These Spider Veins Come Back?
The veins treated with Veingogh are destroyed and will not return. However, nothing can be done to prevent your body from forming new spider veins. New spider veins. We cannot cure venous disease but we can control and maintain. Most patients require 1-3 sessions. This is only a guideline and your individual case may be different. However, nothing can be done to prevent your body from forming new spider veins.
We can also use sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy on larger veins on the forehead.
How Long Will My Treatment Take?
A Veingogh session usually takes 15-30 minutes. Every patient is different, and the number of sessions needed varies depending on the amount of spider veins to be treated. Most patients require 1-2 sessions, however, this is only a guideline and your individual case may be different. You should begin to show improvement immediately and over the next 3-6 weeks.
Will My Facial Appearance Be Affected After The Procedure?
Common Post-Treatment Facial Appearance
- Bruising: May occur around the treated site and can last several days or weeks.
- Blistering/Mild Skin Burn/Bumps: May occur resulting from the Ohmic Thermolysis treatment. Usually resolves in a few days, but may last a few weeks, especially after treatment of large areas.
- Pain: The treated area may be tender to the touch and/or itchy after treatment. This discomfort is usually temporary.
- Scabbing/Sloughing of Skin: The treated area may scab/slough, especially after treatment of large area. Usually resolves in a few weeks.
- Swelling: May occur after treatment. It usually resolves in a few days, but may last a few weeks, especially after treatment of large areas.
- Spider Veins: May occasionally recur in the same or surrounding area.
Are There Any Restrictions On My Activity?
There are no restrictions except exposure to the sun. After 72 hours sunscreen may be applied.
Schedule a consultation today!
We proudly serve patients from Traverse City, Cadillac, Manistee, Big Rapids, Houghton Lake, Grayling, Sault Ste. Marie MI and surrounding areas with hand and face vein treatments. Call today for your consultation at (231) 936-2068 or complete a Contact Form here! You can also find directions to our Traverse City and Cadillac, MI offices by clicking here. We look forward to serving you!
GET BACK TO LIVING
Take Our Brief Vein Quiz
880 Munson Ave, Suite A, Traverse City, MI 49686
440 Cobb St Cadillac, MI 49601